Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our 1st attempt at homeade sugar cookies

For many years I have always wanted to make homeade cookies with my kids.  We have baked together before but we always used a betty crocker mix.  The kids had so much fun making these cookies.  Although they did keep fighting over whose turn it was to roll out the dough or which cookie cutters to use.  I found a very simple recipe for rolled sugar cookie dough and royal icing on Glorious Treats  she has some really beautiful cookies

After making these cookies I can really appreciate why the bakeries in my neighborhood charge so much for a decorated cookie.  If you want a nice looking cookie it takes a lot of time.  Well I have 2 more days til Christmas and I want to bake up a storm if I can fit it into my schedule. 

No comments: