Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Can't wait to move out of Dodge

The spring can't come soon enough to put my house up for sale and move out of Dodge!! It feels like I am going to babysit forever.  I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this.   This has got to be the hardest job I ever had.  I what bothers me most is the parents. It is unbelievable at what these kids get away with at home or how spoiled they are.  Maybe the lack of consideration and thoughtlessness the parents have for me when they bring me their kids  here with fevers or terrible colds. HELLLOOOO  sick kids equals sick babysitter and all the rest of the kids getting sick.

 It is so hard trying to keep these kids busy and not letting them watch tv all day.  Today we danced around to some music.  I must sing ring around the rosie everday, london bridge and a million other nursery songs. I am so sick of listening to all these kiddie songs.  We made lunchbag pumpkins with paint and we baked cupcakes for Little Miss T who turned 2 yesterday.  Going to sing Happy Birthday when all the kids get home from school.  God Help me!!  I hate when 3 o'clock rolls around.

I have this one parent who is driving me NUTS.  Always running late and rushing around.  She makes me stressed! She practically throws the kid at me with barely any clothes on  & no shoes.  I now have to meet her at school to get Little Miss S. "Can you meet me here where I park? How can I carry her and my tea?"  PUT SHOES ON THE CHILD AND MAKE HER WALK.  SHE IS 3 YEARS OLD AND HEAVY!   The traffic all around the school is nightmare.  I KNOW that I am way too nice and a glutten for punishment. (As my friends tell me all the time) How much more can I do?   Did I mention that last week she gave me a toothbrush & toothpaste to keep here so I can brush Little Miss S teeth too?  Now she is screwing up my naptime schedule because she wants to visit with her daughter and take her to lunch or a walk.  I know its convenient on your lunch break but where is the consideration for my schedule?  I let her pay me less than the other parents and I feel like I go above and beyond.  How on earth in the nicest way possible can I tell this woman that this shit has got to stop? 

 I am just venting because I think my friends and Mr. Amazing is sick of hearing it. 

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

I can appreciate how irritating that must be, since I, too, have done in-home daycare and remember some of the odd parents. Good thing it was short-term; I would have lost my mind. Good luck in the next several months :)