Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Conquering My Clutter

I never really thought of myself as a clutter bug... but apparently I am!  After losing my job 2 years ago I thought I would have all the time in the world to organize the drawers and closets.  Boy was I wrong.  I have all these ideas and plans to make the paperwork on my desk disappear and the mail on the kitchen ledge be gone but I always seem to get side tracked with something else.  Lately I have been watching Clean House with Neicy Nash (she cracks me up) some of those houses on that show make mine look immaculate. 

A friend of mine had given me the audio Cd's of It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh.  I haven't had the time to listen to them but I will eventually.  He recently was on I think the Rachael Ray show.  I only caught a few minutes of it but it really did make me think if I really needed all this stuff or is it something underlying in my self conscious that I am unaware of.  I sat around most of the day yesterday while it was snowing looking at others blogs, I did go out and shovel and build a snowman with my kids but I feel guilty today because I should have been cleaning.  I could have done a ton of things around the house but I have no drive or motivation.  Today my husband and I spent hours cleaning the house.  No big projects or anything just the usual cleaning of the bathrooms,vacuuming and dusting.  I spent nearly 2 hours cleaning off my dresser with all the mail and paperwork I took off the kitchen ledge.  I think it took so long because I had to keep bring that paperwork into other areas of the house and then I would get side tracked for a few minutes.  UUGGHH  this will never end.

Anyway, I am making a commitment to myself to de-clutter a little bit each day.  But I am not telling my husband.  He is always om my case.  The house is clean as far as floors, dishes, garbage, laundry but I just have alot of stuff in every cabinet, closet, drawer, laundry room and tv room.  I have a hard time parting with things because you never know when your going to need it and why spend money on buying a new one.  Right?

1 comment:

Ascending Butterfly said...

Keep us posted on your progress, spring 'de-cluttering' is LONG over due here and I'm procrastinating like crazy! LOL :-)

New Follower from MBC/FFF

Tracy
Ascending Butterfly
http://ascendingbutterfly.blogspot.com