Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bring on the Hurricane....I am ready (at least I think I am)


Bring it on Irene....I am ready for ya!  At least I think I am anyway. We survived the 5.6 Earthquake that lasted 20 seconds a few days ago and we will survive this too!  Before I was hunkered down for the weekend I went out for a mani & pedi.  (hey a girl has gotta look pretty if she have to be rescued, duh!) oh and I went to the mall to shop.  (Don' tell Mr. Amazing) it was only raining a little.  The roads were fine.

 It is now 5:50pm and here in Staten Island, NY it has been raining on and off all day.  We have enough food to feed an army and enough water to last a few days. Last night Mr. Amazing got the call that he had to report for duty at 9am to protect and serve our community.  When he got into work he was told that he will be staying on duty until at least 4pm tomorrow.  So that means it's just me and my fur baby Oreo weathering the hurricane tonight.

Thank god my kids are safe.  They have been with their grandparents in Florida the past few weeks and they are due to come home next weekend.  I was so worried for them earlier this week because we thought they were gong to be hit with the hurricane.  They didnt even get any rain.  Now it's headed straight for us instead.  This is something New York hasn't seen in over 25 years. For the first time in history NYC has shut down all mass transit at 12:00 pm today.  My kids have been calling me every day to tell me what I need to do.  They are so worried for us.  Bless their little hearts.  Be safe everyone on the East Coast. 

No comments: